I got off my arse and put the new end cover on my spare jenny, went to pull the one off the truck so I could swap the pulleys, and the shaft is too short,... Well, poop! Yet nother time I could really use access to a machine shop, I could just make a new pulley out of a billet round.
So, I went out and put the jenny back on, gave the regulator a couple solid whacks, and reconnected the wiring. I got lucky and didn;t nuke the jenny this time, it's running and charging well, so far. I still need to get a new reg and buy some diodes to put inline so this doesn't happen again.
'Tater is still sittin tho, payin down other bills and such before I pay the tabs on her and bring the insurance back on line. She's not just sittin around rusting tho, I have a photo shoot in the works with a local model that wants to do a pin-up set with the truck. grin

In other news, made it past the 90 day mark with the new job on Sunday. Doin well and might survive the current "restructuring". Time will tell, but either way I hope to have this truck back on the road and working for her supper again soon.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P