I hear ya, I've learned my lesson on making REALLY dumb purchases when my job future was unclear, but not entirely. grin One reason I'm weighing the future of some of my toys is I just bought another one to commute to work.
With what I've been spending on fuel I figgured why toss all that cash in a hole (or in my "carbon footprint" more like) and have nothin to show for it. So, I stopped by to look at bikes and found an '05 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) that the dealer was getting ready for auction to make room for the 2011 models. In the one day between when I saw it and the next day when I came to buy it they had knocked it down an additional $3K, so I got a helluva deal on it.

Still, more toys and hobbies than I have money or attention for. Thinkin I'm gonna thin out some of the other stuff, toss the $ into bills, and put off the vehicles till I absolutely have to.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P