Man, gettin this engine together is gettin to be a major pain. I'm trying to find a new 270 block thats in better working order than mine. Even if I have to pay a few hundred it will be a bargain compared to what it's gonna cost to have 2 sleeves installed in my block. I'm also interested in possibly changing up to a 302 since parts are MUCH easier to find for those.

Was driving my the local junkyard & spied a early 60's dump truck like mine in the back. Nicer box on it, but looks pretty complete, will be going to eyeball it & maybe see if I can scrounge some parts, still need some wheels to replace my two split rims and one bent rim.
I'll get a couple pix & see what they'd let the truck go for, not holdin out much hope as these guys dont generally sell complete vehicles to the public. Assinine rule, but whatever,...


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P