Been makin a load of progress on the truck. have the electrical system almost complete, just need to clean up the wiring under the dash, wire the switch for the 2-speed rear, and wire the rear lights. I was happy to find that the
voltage regulator turned out to be good. A bit of cleaning and some paint for the cover and it's charging just fine.

Have a shot of the front end before I completed running the wiring and mounted the radiator. Makes a lot of difference when attempting to reach things!

Here I have a shot of the forward tin and core support almost done after I had it running and did leak checks.

So yes, I started the 'ol girl up today. I had the timing right on the button and she started right up with some ether. Once it drew some fuel from the tank and primed everything it started right up without any choke and idled great.
However, I noted on my checks that there was no oil pressure, no oil in the guage line,... So I killed it and started poking around, finding no oil pumping anywhere. Turned out the dizzy had not engaged the pump like I thought it had! :o Saving grace there is my attention to detail AND the fact that I drizzled the top end with Lucas Oil like I was frosting a cake, so it was still completely soaked up there and in the lifters.
Soooo, once I corrected all that I got the whole thing together and started her up again. Of course the timing was all hosed up, but once adjusted it sits & purrs like a kitten. A 8,000 lb kitten, but you get the idea. grin
Since the engine was running I gave the brake pedal a push, and you can hear the change in RPM as the vaccum changes from the HydroVac movement, one more small success there!

So yeah, you might say I'm pretty jazzed about this, pretty durned happy to say the least. Too bad the shop is closed Tues & Wed tho,... *sigh*


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P