Spent some time this weekend with the beastie, even brought along a lady freind of ours that likes to wrench on things to help out.

Latest damage:
Removed drive line, clutch & throttle linkages, emergency brake lever, all the engine bay wiring, both front fenders & splash shields, exhaust pipes (& I use the term loosely with those hole riddles buggers!), intake/exh manifold, carb, fuel pump, starter, and the engine mounting bolts.
Only things I need to pull to get the engine & tranny out are the shifter and the PTO shaft. PTO U-joint is on there good tho, allen screw is foze solid, this could prove to be a real task! I'm hoping the deep-creep has some effect on it, will try a couple tricks to get it out but may end up drilling it out. Not my 1st choice, but it works.

Next step is obviously getting the engine out of it's hole & breaking it down to parade rest to prep for rebuild.
Head will need some work on the manifold facing, some pitting & such here & there that keeps it from sealing well. It's nothin compared to the exhaust manifold tho, it looks like hell.
Once thats out of the way, the brake system comes apart. Already have a Hydrovac, but it's going to need a new master & all new lines at a minumum, I'm hopeful that the wheel cylenders are workable and that my brake shoes are in decent shape, time will tell.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P