Thanks guys. I'll look around for a decent brake controler, might just get another one like I have in my Sierra.

I already bought a 3 to 2 wire converter for the trailer lights, I'll be wiring it in when I install the connector this weekend.

Still thinkin about cutting a notch in the bottom of the back plate under the pintle and welding in a class 4 reciever. That way I can pull anything I like with it, makes finding a trailer I can use with either truck a LOT easier.
Would also be fun to pull up to a camp site this summer with a lil tent trailer behind the dump truck. grin


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P