I found out a couple interesting tidbits about oil bath air filters today:
1. Just coz it came with the filter housing, does not garantee the proper fitment of the filter canister. I discovered to my dismay that the reason my engine seemed to bog down when I hit the gas was the air filter was sitting too deep in the housing, allowing enought air for a good fast idle, and nothing more!
2. with a little quick thinking and a freind with a spare filter that just happens to fit in the housing, you can convert an oil bath filter to paper element in a few minutes!
Interestingly enough, you dont notice it unless you look reaaaaal close. grin

Otherwise day comprised of welding on exhaust hangers, refitting radiator hoses that did not like being moved when I correctly installed the core support springs under the X-member (& cleaning susequent mess, twice).
Only thing keeping me from driving it around the compound for giggles is the lack of an adequate seat. Kinda sucking for one since I found that the '64 seat is 4" wider than the '56. Ack!
Anyone need a seat? :p


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P