orchardskip> This site IS a support group! grin
& yeah, thats the same type of HydroVac, I lucked into it, esp. at the price I got it for seeing as brand new units (they still use them in forklifts) go for over $400.

53> Yeah, I've been loking at all the options. initialy I had some bad numbers & had some confusion about the size difference between the 270 & 302. The 292 pistons are closer, and there were about 10 different configurations on one site I went to, so the dish wasn't an issue. The issue I have is the pin height since the 270 is a 4" stroke, & the 292 is a 4.25" Stroke. Nevermind the fact that I have 302 rods so the pin bore is WAY wrong,...
I have found one place that offers +.080 pistons, I'm hoping that the current overbore & wear is about .040, the pitting looks to be about .020 deep for another .040 total when bored, but I need to check all of my options options just to be safe in case my machinist really has to hog it out.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P