Boy, been wonderin' when we'd here from you again! Good to know you're still in the game. Can't wait to hear you're "on the road again".

Here's a question for you: I finally got my 216 mounted on an engine stand - only took two weeks; did I mention I'm clueless?! - got her flipped over, pan off, looked at the soft underbelly of the beast. My buddy immediately spots an oddity in the number 3 rod bearing: There's what looks like a two-inch long piece of thin copper, sitting cockeyed under the cap, kind-of poking out at opposite corners.

Being clueless and all, I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem like a spun bearing, it's too thin. It seems more like a "spun shim", only I didn't think shims were that big, and my buddy (he's a Mack guy) doesn't think they used shims, though I'm pretty sure they did.

Anyway, I know I'll find out what it is as soon as I get back to it in a few days. Just wondering what it sounded like to you.

Keep postin' . . . you're givin' me a clue. grin

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery