OK, broke 'Tater out of the shop today. Drove her home and enjoyed every bit of it, even tho se was givin me some greif halfway there. Seems the carb is WAY too rich, may be float level or bad needle valve. I dunno, just know I was goin up a slight incline and it sounded like it was only hitting on 3 pistons. Sounded much better when I got it leveled out and up to speed. Still starts up good and idles nice, should be much better when I get the carb rebuilt and install the vac-advance dizzy. At least I hope so!

So! New photos! grin
Rear quarter view
Generation Gap
bed up from rear
Engine right side
Engine Left side
Inside the cab

Spent a few hours cleanin her up today. Buffed out some of the haze and added some wax, looks much better now!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P