So I was cruisin around on Craigslist & found some guy advertising a '52 GMC inline 6 with 4-speed toploader trans. He wasn't real up on what it really was, just guessed the year & thought it might be a 250cid. I figgure what the hey, I can go look at it & see if it's what I need, maybe get lucky & find something I can use for trade or part it out & get my $$ back.
Grabbed a list of casting ID info, look at the block casting #'s, & lo & behold, it's a 270, AND it's the right year series! Sweeeeet!! It had been modified to fit in some beat up IH panel van/camper, but it's all there. Looks like I could pop it in & start her up a is. It even has a vac-advance distributor on it I might use it for some comparisons as far as average milage goes.
Needs a bit of cleaning and some love of course, but I'm optimistic that between the parts I have and this I can have a motor back in the 'ol girl by the 19th. I'm gonna go tear it down for an internal inspection & swap parts as needed to configure it for my truck. After all that, I'll have some extra engine items I can clean, refurb, & offer for sale/trade.
As for what I have been up to, I completed the brake rebuild, still need to replace the front wheel cylenders tho. Wheels are cleaned & painted, all I have to do is bleed the brakes & adjust them properly.
I also just gutted the entire wiring system and am going to completely rewire it from end to end. Just debating on whether I want to get a new fuse panel from painless wiring, or if I wanna repair the original fuse panel. Any fuses at all would be a step up tho, this old girl didn't have ONE!