My folks moved to KS a while back & got a house there for 38K that would cost them about 200K here. It's tempting, & I would, but I'm a child of the mountains.
I can live w/o the ocean in close proximity, altho I'd miss it since I love to go kayaking. But I need to see those tall rocky things that have snow on them year round or I get a lil wierded out.
Am gonna get away from the coast when I retire from the canoe club, have some places in mind in WA & OR that aren't real crowded & the prices aren't TOO stupid, yet. Then again, Alaska sounds kinda fun too,...

However!
Today after work I got under 'Tater (I've decided that's her name, she's Tow-Maters big sis! grin ), cinced up the park brake a bit just in case, did some creative bungee cording on the brake lever so it would come up on it's own & got her out on the road. wanted to see if I could get her on base while the traffic was thin and I had daylight.
Didn't wanna run too well at 1st, wasn't sure I was gonna get any further than the field across the road. But I gave her a minute to cool off while I retrieved a couple items & a fire bottle (fire gremlin retardent), manned up, turned her over & gave it a go.
She was a lil rough at half choke, but gradualy blew the crud out of the heads & started to burn good, by the time I got to the base she was running fine. Sounded like a sherman tank, but running well! wink Have a mini-lightbar on the cab to warn the populace to give her some room and got there with no hassles. Wondered about the hills, and we didn't break 45 MPH, but overall a smooth trip.
So, tomorrow after work, the fun begins!!!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P