Spent last couple days workin on the new engine, & did find out the guy wasn't exagerating. I can plainly see that the pistons are just recently broken in along with a competely redone head, the rotating assembly is somewhat tight since everything actualy fits like it's supposed to.
So yeah, lookin at what I'd spend to get my old block in this position,... $900 was a good deal!

I still have it torn down and I'm getting it repainted, swapping parts, & ready to re-assemble once I get a gasket set for it. Once I have the gasket set, I'm gonna put the bell housing on & drop the short block into the truck before final assembly to make life easier on my aching back!

Here's a pic of freshly painted motor waiting for assembly.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P