Between working way too many hours and geting this ol beastie up and runnin, I've been purty busy round here lately!

-Got the brake lines all fabricated and installed. Did buy two prefabs, and of course one of them leaks on the drivers side where it goes thru the frame into the front flex line,... Guess I'll scrap it and bend a fresh line myself.
-All of the electrical short of the wire from the Hi-Lo switch going to the speedometer ratio adapter is complete. Even added a rear utility light and have the roof beacon wired in.
-Fixed the dripping rear end cover and have it filled up.
-Original bench seat is beyond repair, rails are the only part not destroyed by rust. Until I can get one that fits or modify my '64 seat, I picked up a single bucket seat from a '90 Jeep Cherokee and bolted it to the floor.

-And today, today I drove the old girl out of the shop and down to the gas station and back!
She's old, she's slow, she smokes like a chimney, but she's movin under her own flippin power durn it!!! smile

Have to adjust the brake light switch, it's not shutting off, and tinker with the carb. Smokes a bit too much and feels like it's bogging down. Thinkin I may need to play with the jetting a bit or my timing. Seriously looking at using the vac-advance dizzy I got from the donor motor to help even out that power curve.
Rear end is off a few degrees, think I may have a sheared guide pin in the main spring. Have to alighn the leaves and lower the axle a bit to check. Would be nice if it didn't crab SO much!

Either way, I dont care, it was really fun to drive her! grin


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P