Went by the machine shop today to drop off the block and see how the head was coming along.
It's good, no cracks, but it needs 3 exhaust seats at minimum so the machinist is gonna install a full set of hard exhuast seats. Dunno about the valve guides, but the valves look workable.

Finished up the master cylender & hydrovac installation today, bled the lines out & am ready to do a full system bleed. Wont know how well the system works until I get the engine back in, but everything seems to be workin well as is. May have to wait a bit to complete the wheel cylenders since I seem to be running out of money for odds & ends. I'll get the drums off and have a look to make sure I dont have anything on the edge of failure, but we'll see what happens.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P