Good grief, if it's not one thing, it's your Mother,... :p

Just got back from the machine shop. Damage is as follows:
Head needs a full set of valves and guides, otherwise same deal. I'm getting some valves off E-pay if they are still there.
Block is solid, no cracks, cleaned up real purty & all, but the pitting in the #2 & #4 is bad. Since it allready had +.030 pistons, pretty sure it's worn out to at least +.040. Machinist isn't sure he can get the pitting smoothed under +.080 tho, and thats the max overbore his supplier makes.
Soooo, I have to see if anyone has a set of +.080 or .100 pistons I can get with matching pin (1.053") & pin height dimensions. Still waiting to hear back from tech weenies at two piston places on anything that will fit what I need with the same bore as the 292.
-or-
Have the two bad jugs sleeved & get the +.060's for $400 a set, WHEN they make another run in a few weeks.

Anyone have a good 6-banger in WA? May be a little while before I get the 270 back & built up,...
Joy!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P