Went to Chilliwack BC today to retrieve a long sought after part for 'Tater. While there are numerous bits of sheet metal that I need to repair or replace, aside from this one part the truck was complete. By some wild chance 3B (Bobb) had in his massive collection of old trucks, the grille insert and model number, in this case a 370.
The only drag is tha parts are chromed and the finish is still in good shape. So, I have to face the delima of wether or not I should destroy perfectly good, not mention original, chrome and paint it to match the truck, or should I suck up the cash and chrome the rest of the grille? Ah well, I'll finger it out another day, in the meantime 'Tater is still suckin for a generator and I'm waiting for either the mad scientist to get it back to me, or the pulley 1946Chevy1 is s'posed to send to me gets here so I can get her rolling again. Hate lettin her sit so long, not to mention it's just a matter of time afore the property manager or owner gets on my case about the truck,... Joy!
Oh yes, and on the way up there & back I passed this ooooooold big bolt on the side of the road in Nooksak WA across from the Whatcom Farmers Co-Op. Guessin it's from the early teens or 20's as it's got the solid steel wheels with rubber bonded to the rim. OLD beastie there. Only body parts remaining are the firewall , bonnet, and grille. side view closer in on the front
I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things. But thats just MY opinion! :P