Okie dokie. Made it down South to visit the fair and made a side trip to trade seats with HevyHauler (thanks Grant!). He got the nicer one of the two, but at least I have a solid base to work from now instead of the couple bucketfulls of iron oxide thats left of the original!

Pulled the beast up in the drive today and eyeballed the carb. Looks like I have a bad float level or similar issue regarding the needle valve. Have fuel seeping out of the cover gasket leading me to believe my over-rich issue isn't jetting. I can hope it's that simple anyway! Regardless, seems like a good time to tear the carb down, drop it in the untrasonic bath and get a rebuild kit for it.
Also noticed a fuel seep at the hardline connecter under the cab, and being an old VW fan I am leary of any thing that can be described with the words "fuel" and "leak" in the same sentence. So, gotta fix that too!

The land owner is havin some work done out back, was watchin them bring in loads of sand today wonderin what a hoot it would be to see thier faces when I pull up and ask if they needed an extra truck. :p
Once I get the carb issues out of the way and she's running strong I may pester the manager about moving some of the odd things around here he doesn't have the equipment for in exchange for leaving me alone about my truck for a while. Never know, might just work!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P