OK, update time:
Found the right oil plug at a place called Motor Trucks over on the mainland, even got my parking brake shoes relined pretty cheap thru there as well. Place is pretty good source of bits & pieces, and it's right down the road from John Deeere, another of my fave odds-n-ends stores. grin

Have the entire drivetrain installed, needs a couple minor bits but it's operable. The current focus is completing the new wiring harness, all of which is now complete except for the rear lights & trailer recepticle.

Turned over the engine to test the starter, but not going to start it up until I finish reassembling the radiator core support and hook up the radiator. Even so, I am itching to shoot some ether down the carb and fire it up for a second just to hear it run. grin

Still have a rear end oil leak, and a small leak on the back side of the trans, but "so far" things seem OK. Still need to replace the front brake cylenders and the remaining original brake lines. While I am confident that I can stop this beast with the shaft brake just I dont want to do it unexpectedly, again,...

Overall, she's almost ready to hit the road!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P