OK, I am alive. It's been several months since I was on here, just been suffering internet burnout (reading through my posts here I seem to have a chronic case of IBO) and haven't really had much time, or money for that matter, to do anything with Tater other than try to drive her at least once a week. Done one job this year, not advertising much right now either. Have issues I need to fix before getting back into heavy hauls, she's in the driveway now so I can yank the tranny and install new gaskets. Leaks a bit too much for my liking, worse than my VW anyway. Also have to pull the right rear spring pack and get new pins and bushings for it, the slop is making the spring pack splay out, not good under heavy loads!
But I have been having other fun with the old beast. Check out my new mechanic! OK, she's not really my new mechanic, but she does work on cars for a living and models on the side. Did a shoot with her using the Bomber and Tater as the backdrop. Was fun. More shots: two three four
Got my mitts on a AM radio out of a '57 chev truck, gonna see what needs to be done to make it work and IF it can fit into my beast with some tweaking. I also have an under-dash casette deck made in the early 70's that woun't look too out of place under there. Doesn't hurt that I have over 300 tapes I can listen to either.
Last edited by Freq2002; 04/20/201011:10 PM. Reason: I was tired and forgot some stuff!
I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things. But thats just MY opinion! :P