Getting the parts together so I can put on the new manifolds and finally fix the vac leaks in the intake. Hope to be able to drive without earplugs in short order. grin

The newest news tho, I took the beast off the island t'other day for a shakedown cruise as it were. 74 mile round trip to the hot rod dealership (so they could drool over the beast while I drooled over cars I cant afford) & goto lunch w. our rooom mate.
Tater ate it up, no problems at all. LOUD, but ran well the whole trip.

Best part, and a big reason for the trip, I found out what my avg. MPG on the highway was so I can make accurate estimation of fuel cost when I do business driving. I was expecting 5-7 MPG rolling at full speed (55ish), but actualy got just under 10!
Will be making another run when I get the manifolds back together & tune it up. I'm hoping that number improves a bit once I get the manifolds on, and still lookin at putting a vac-advance kit on the dizzy. If I can eke out another MPG or two out of her I'll be stoked.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P