Been slavin away at the VW for a few days, makin a lot of progress on the rear end, then it's on to the roll bar and interior panels. Took a couple days off to deal with other things (goof off) since I'm pretty much out of work now. not retired yet, but wont have to work for them again till my retirement date of 31 July. grin
Now to find a real job,... joy!

ANYway, I did get a couple photos.
Here's a shot of the fresh spring hung on the axle. All new hardware and bushings, just need to drop the other side later on and have it redone as well. But with the cost of the last one, might be a while,...
Here's a shot of the new door signs I had made ( closer shot ), they turned out real good. I'm most likely going to trim them out so there's about an inch of orange around the white when I get to the paint. They work fine for now tho. The passenger door doesn't stay on too well, too much bondo on the door, so it's on the front of our dish washer now. But the drivers side is on tight and I keep it up.

The real fun news is I put her to work Yesterday for the 1st time. Only other load it's hauled since I had her is 700lbs of trash to the dump. But here she is loaded with around 3 tons, two large stumps, roots, and dirt at a local quary before I dumped it out. She trundled along without a complaint, shrugged off one load and went back fr this bigger on just as easily. The kid with me, my friends son, hasn't ever ridden in an old beast like that and was amazed at the loooooow gears in her. Ate up hills and the muddy bumpy roads in the quary like nothin.
Goin back today in a few hours to haul some more out, hopefully they have figgured out how to dig stumps with the back hoe a bit better and will have them all out this time. If not, thats OK, it's fun to watch!


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P