From talking to several folks that run 4-53T's in pickup trucks, they all use some sort of muffler, and they are reasonably quiet. Buy explaining my goal of just quiet enough, but not silent, they say with that long of a straight pipe I'll want a resonator or small straight through muffler to take the edge off of it, it'll sound better they say.

So I'm thinking about this 5" Magnaflow http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220285698780
it's 7" OD and 24" long, straight through with some stainless steel and ceramic wool in it. Stainless steel with a lifetime free replacement, and as cheap or cheaper than any of the others I was considering.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-