Ken, without the air cleaner there to distract you the right frame rail was clearly bent, but as I said I didn't see it at first, even when it was a bare frame, and I usually spot that sort of thing too.

Dave, I'm still interested in making or having made an aluminum flat bed with an original look, but in the meantime I need something functional, so the old steel bed will suffice. Also looked like it was going to cost a whole lot of money for an aluminum one and I'm not ready to spend that kind of money, nor do I have it frown An aluminum bed is still on my mind though.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-