Just about have the engine ready to start! grin

Last few weeks, what time I have had to work on the truck this is what I have done:
-Finish all fuel lines, put 15 gallons in the tank, and primed system with permanently mounted hand priming pump.
-Painted my "new" overdrive transmission.
-Removed old transmission.
-Drilled and tapped flywheel housing for a hall effect tachometer sensor to read off the ring gear.
-Count teeth on ring gear, 140
-Installed new transmission, and put oil in it.
-Tightened rear spring u-bolts.
-Mount three air tanks above frame behind cab, made straps to hold them.
-Installed all fittings and hoses for entire air system, including making four 1-1/4" lines connecting all 4 tanks.
-Mount starter relay valve to frame.
-Mount starter button/valve to engine temporarily (till I have a cab).
-Test relay valve, it dumps lots of air, and makes quite a noise, quick way to sweep shop floor...
-Test air system for leaks, one fitting not tightened enough, in process on second leak test.

Still need to:
-Make/weld together one 1-1/4" air fitting at the starter, and install one hose end and connect to fitting/starter.
-Mount the air filter temporarily in front of radiator, (need fenders before I decide final placement).
-Put water in the radiator and hope nothing leaks.
-Install a few feet of exhaust pipe.
-Check for stuck injectors/freely moving racks, as it has been over two years sense I had the engine running.
-Prime/pre lube turbo
-Get camera ready to take a video, and find someone to take it.
-Crank over with starter, fuel shutoff lever held in off position, looking for leaks and to build oil pressure.
-Refill air tanks and start engine, check for leaks

I'll try to get some new pictures up today, and post with links.

If anyone is close by and wants to witness the first starting, or at least an attempt at it, send me a PM for directions on how to get here. I think I will be ready Saturday evening(today).

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-