Thanks,

I knew from the start it would take countless hours, and decided up front not to even try to keep track of them...

So far I think I'm happy to reuse the corners of the original firewall dent, I expect I can make it pretty seamless and appear factory at least in style.
I was not expecting to cut it out all the way down to the floor, but if I ever want to remove the transmission without lifting the cab I need to make the removable transmission cover run up the sloped part of the firewall about 2 inches.
I too considered a large removable cover, but all I really need is a small access cover for the governor and the slightly stretched transmission cover.

There are a number of commercial made forklift boom attachments available, and I've been looking for a deal one one for some time now. In the meantime adapting the boom from the tractor will do.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-