Just finished making some brackets and braces to hold the steering column in approximately the stock location, but with no cab in place.

Also found a 5" chrome stack in the neighbors scrap pile, and installed it temporary, it's still really loud.. Eventually I'll have the exhaust go down and out behind the right rear wheel.

[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/58/658/6/92/97/2447692970080251109Nwxfij_th.jpg[/IMG]

Got the shifter and shift valve installed and working.

Fixed an oil leak, one of the new 1" hoses for the remote oil filter had a pin hole, the shop that made it the first time made me a new one no charge.
Also fixed the one air leak I could hear, and adjusted the air compressor governor to 125 psi. I think I sill have a very slow air leak that I can't hear or feel, so I'll check with some soapy water when I get a chance.

Should get the pedal arms back tomorrow, had a friend bend them a little to clear the engine.

Still need to make a temporary seat, and start on brake lines. So, this weekend I should have it driving, but probably not stopping. The emergency brake does work, so I can drive around the yard a little.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-