little more progress..
Some more welding on the firewall piece.

Lots of cleaning of the welding table
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2383766860080251109XwYTFQ
I got it several years ago and it was quite rusty from sitting out and I never made time to clean it. It's abouut 7' X 4.5' I think, 1/2" thick armor plate... It's made up of 3 layers of steel rolled together, the center one is exceptionally hard, I've yet to find a drill that'll cut, carbide included.
Now finally with some good sheet metal work to do I couldn't put off cleaning it up any longer, I needed a clean rust free smooth table top. It took all of Sunday afternoon to grind, sand, wire brush, scrub, degrease, and wash with a rust converter.

When I find more time I'll continue on the firewall and pull the cab to fit it.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-