Made a little progress last week.
With some expert help I had the air tanks and straps painted and managed to reinstall them, been meaning to do that for a couple years now....
Permanently installed the air dryer purge tank behind the running board a few months ago.

Yesterday I took it for a ride a couple miles down the road to a show. It seems to drive and handle just fine other than it could use some shocks but I already knew that..
It is gear bound with the 4.56 gears, didn't have a speedometer or tachometer but felt a little slow on a 55 mph road, certainly usable but wouldn't like the highway. I was planning on the rear axle gear swap close to the end of the process but may move it up the list a little now.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-