Originally Posted by Harvester
Grigg, nice work. Your last few pictures, cab resting on the back, give new meaning to the term "long-nose." (Couldn't resist that...)

Harvester

Thanks,
Yep, the cab back there does look kinda funny. It's just a convenient place to store it that does not take up any more shop space.

It does remind me of a cartoon drawing from the spring 2008 Kanter catalog, page 13, of a "Fairbanks-Dodge Engineers' Coupe" about a 1947 Dodge truck with the cab just over the rear axle, a really long hood with three sections of "butterfly wings", also running boards and railings set up like a locomotive. Really sharp looking, so much so that when I got the catalog in the mail and saw the picture I emailed them to ask about it, and see if I could get a full size copy to frame. One day (when I have money and time, or just lots of money) I would like to build a Dodge just like that, probably start with a model WJA truck, but instead of a Fairbanks engine, a Tandem Detroit 6-71T (one 6-71 in front of the other) would be more to my liking.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-