Starting the big push to get this wrapped up by May, with some luck, determination, and money it should happen...

Had some help last night pulling the doors apart and removing glass from the cab. Not sure how they go back together in a painted truck... was difficult to get apart and I even read that part of the service manual 4 times without much enlightenment.

Did some figuring and measuring and guess I can use the later model push button door locks on my 49 doors with just a little work and the aftermarket bear claw latch kit.
Here's the kit
http://www.triquemfg.com/Altman-Easy-Latch-for-52-54-Chevy-Truck-p/ael08.htm

Here's the difference in how the door handles are installed on the door skin, pictures of inside the door.
Old
https://picasaweb.google.com/118082...sionProgressPictures#5803641290100782226
New
https://picasaweb.google.com/118082...sionProgressPictures#5803641274729538386

I need to find some of those reinforcement plates from a 52-54 and do a little drilling and welding. The advantage is I like the later style handles, they seem sturdier, and it's quite easy to add a door lock to the drivers side.

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-