Lately I've been working on exhaust.
Have the 4" down pipe completed, it clamps to the turbo, squeezes in between the frame and engine, then snakes it's way back beside the transmission.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2397149610080251109IVLELRIt's out to be ceramic coated now, should have it back this coming week.
The next part is a 4" flex pipe about 18" long, have that ready with clamps.
Then about 2 more feet of 4" pipe to get back to the cab and past the fuel filter where there is more room. Still need to make this piece.
The remainder of the exhaust (already done) is 5" pipe, a Magnaflow 5" muffler, some more 5" pipe and bends to get over the rear axle and to the corner of the bed.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2070918150080251109JvTXmAhttp://rides.webshots.com/photo/2708831860080251109oylxzGhttp://rides.webshots.com/photo/2546092860080251109zWLyUiHere's one of the hangers, stainless clamps with the new style rubber bushings, when I need new exhaust It's easy to replace and reuse the old hangers, no welding needed.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2754604420080251109ESAJDrAlso been working on replacing the air compressor with a very low hour rebuilt one, it's cleaned and painted, replaced a few parts, and installed on the engine. I found a nice cast iron pulley to use a C size belt which is much larger than the original stamped steel pulley, so it shouldn't slip. The new pulley is also a larger diameter which will be good for slowing the compressor down, as I really don't need much air all the time, so save fuel and wear on the compressor. I need to make a new matching C size pulley for the engine, but that won't be difficult once I find the time to do it.
I'll be swapping to a new turbo that compliments the bypass blower I now have installed. The hot side is also being ceramic coated this week.
In the future I want to
-Make the goose-neck hitch sub-frame and incorporate shock mounts and tow hooks.
-Fabricate and install front air springs and shock brackets.
-Change rear axle gears and install the ARB air locker.
-Fit cab around engine and get it on the road for a real test drive.
Grigg