Sunday I finished welding and shaping the blower inlet to fit around the bypass valve:
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/68/168/4/64/28/2896464280080251109PuBkWu_th.jpg[/IMG]

Sunday I also got my starters switched out, and stripped and primed the new one, but I keep forgetting to get a can of yellow paint when I am in town.. I'll try again tomorrow.
picture of both starters, and of changing the drive pinions:
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/60/660/3/47/14/2959347140080251109FUDXHi_th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/60/660/5/98/78/2598598780080251109uRurzV_th.jpg[/IMG]

This evening I figured out a way to form a bead in the end of the 2.5" aluminum air inlet for the blower. I will use the same tool again for the connecting pipes from turbo to intercooler and then to the blower.
This is the tool and how it works:
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/24/665/3/74/19/2416374190080251109rPQLOL_th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/60/660/8/64/43/2152864430080251109UJhXAM_th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/69/169/3/71/54/2563371540080251109SNmorg_th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/69/169/2/1/33/2397201330080251109BlCTOO_th.jpg[/IMG]
All done but welding the two together, I think I'll get an aluminum welding lesson first though, as it may be tricky welding the thin stuff to the thick stuff, and I can't get inside to fix my mistakes.
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/24/665/0/14/90/2552014900080251109LiyCLw_th.jpg[/IMG]

Tomorrow I hope to get the starter painted, installed, and I'll have the final bits of plumbing hardware needed to hook it up, if I am lucky I'll even try it out and make a recording/video.

Grigg




•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-