I worked on it some more this evening, and I now have a list of a few more bends I need. It'll be a few weeks before I get done, between gathering parts and finding time to work on it. so far it is not as complicated or frustrating as I had expected it to be.
It's hard to know what you need with nothing in hand, and with each 4" exhaust bend costing approximately $25-$45 I didn't know what to do to start with. Then I figured once I got started I would make mistakes, at the same $25-$45 per..
On my way to a show several weeks ago I stopped by Central Truck and Trailer in Hagerstown MD, mostly to show them the truck (on the trailer with me) they have been helping me with for a few years now, and to pick up a few more parts. We got to talking about my upcoming exhaust project and Randall went inside and came back with an arm load of bends, I picked a few that we thought might work. I purchased 3 bends and some straight pipe and can return them and get some more if they don't work. So far two worked great, and another is close enough to let me know what I need to exchange it for. Now that I have some of it done I can guess at what I need for the next few steps. Looking at the whole job it was frustrating, but a little bit at a time is not so bad..