Finished the bench seat, two floor "boards", and even had an old tractor seat laying around that I bolted on the driver's side.

I started it a few minutes ago to move it from in front of the shop back to the garage, no sooner had I started it and backed up a bit, and I get a call from my neighbor about a mile down the road, the closest on that side. He said he "heard a strange animal in the woods", I asked "if it purred". He said "yes, it purred then growled.." He is a Detroit mechanic himself, and was out working on his truck with a 6-71 at the time, so no worries from that end of the road.
Now on the other side, that is a different story, they are only 1/4 mile away or so, and I bet they don't stay up so late, I should slack up on my late night joy rides till I get a proper exhaust system. frown

Grant,
Yep, they do make a Jake brake for the 53 series. I'll get the solenoid wired tomorrow and try it out, but I bet all I do is slide the wheels, as I don't have any weight over the rear.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-