JMH, The engine came from Texas, I'm a couple owners into it but looks like it was military surplus. It was new in 85 a supposedly had less than 40 hours on it from new when I got it, and after having it mostly apart and looking at it I agree with that.

The transmission I found on ebay in California, had it shipped.

Thanks, and here's a few more pictures of the pulley all done and even installed, it works as I had hoped.
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2316425990080251109VvnGSh
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2677693210080251109qptPqy
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2065700460080251109gowTIi

Here are a few pictures of it outside with the cab on.
Got it back together enough last night to take it out for a lap around the driveway at midnight, at an idle so as to not disturb the neighbors to much...
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2950436390080251109YYRNjS
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2101743240080251109QtYPNU
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2194121150080251109quHoSz

I'll try to get the front air helper springs installed the next few days, I knew it was to low in the front, and it looks it now.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-