Thanks Larry, post some pictures and start a thread about your truck when you get a chance, you know we want to see it!
New news:I found the "silver" 4-53T I've been looking for from the beginning, and I'm headed to fetch it next week about this time.
Some folks say the differences in the Silver engine and the one I have are negligible in a truck, Some say it's worth the swap if you have a choice.. I think it'll be a good idea, but on the other hand it sets me back a while on finishing the truck.
I had to sell my current engine to be able to purchase the "new" one, and most of the hard work and tinkering I've done to the engine go with it, and likewise I have about that much work or more before I can install the "new" one. However, I do get to keep the Jake brakes, air starer and belt driven accessories like AC, PS, and air compressor.
The new engine I'll have to clean, strip the paint, repaint, also swap flywheel housing, oil pan, oil pickup, valve cover, crank pulley, thermostat housing, find an alternator, front engine mount, and governor. I'll replace seals and some gaskets while I'm at it. Even have to swap the blower to the opposite side, and use a different exhaust manifold.. plenty of work to do.
Haven't done much to the truck lately other than replace the fuel pump which sprung a leak.
I did make an engine stand to hold the "new" engine when I go fetch it, and also while I work on it. I already have a stand for the current engine, and I'll use it too during the swapping process.
Here are some pictures of the new stand, which is adjustable for either a 3 or 4 cylinder, and disassembles for easy transport and storage
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2575188870080251109INLUZWhttp://rides.webshots.com/photo/2699458770080251109mlvscsGrigg