Started on my exhaust today
But to get ready for that I moved the large full flow oil filter and the 1" hoses leading to and from it from there spot inside the frame under the passengers seat to outside the frame behind the battery box. Filter is mounted, and some special pipe to JIC adapters are on order to complete the connections.
Also I'll need to adjust and move some fuel lines, but not complicated, just a few fittings to order.

Here are two pictures of the new 4" mandrel bent exhaust, or at least the start of it, the tricky part of fitting it between the engine and frame. (My original plan was outside the frame in the wheel well, but this new way should be a better and cleaner solution.)
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2951040390080251109zBHYqz
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2213312500080251109aQXqPE

I need to order some 5" straight pipe, because once the 4" gets to the back of the cab I have room for 5", and it'll go all the way over the axle and out behind the right rear wheels.

What do y'all think about a muffler? I am open to trying it without one, but I think it will be a little loud, the 6V53T I had with dual straight pipes was plenty loud, and this 4-53T with the 5' straight stack is way to loud.
If I use a muffler I don't want it to be too quiet though.
Any opinions on what 5" muffler to use, MBRP, Magnaflow, Banks, Walker, ????

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-