Originally Posted by crenwelge
We tried some air starters... when it got down to round 20 degrees, any little bit of moisture would stick valves in them. But I'm sure you have no intentions of driving your project in that kind of weather anyway.

Well, I do plan to drive it any time I need a real truck, be it summer or winter. But I will be hesitant to take it out in the snow, and I hope to have a nice garage for it to live in when not in use.
So you do bring up a good point, as freezing air valves could be a problem.

I have a good air drier, and expect it to do it's job, but I also am not entirely familiar with air systems on trucks and the problems and difficulties I may have.

Once running and up to pressure the air compressor will cycle infrequently, as the transmission will then be about the only thing that uses air, and not much at that. Hopefully this equates to very little to no water in the system, as the compressor won't be in constant use.

Thanks,
Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-