You do great work. Too bad it's not a COE. lol
Thanks, I appreciate it.
I seriously considered a COE for this diesel conversion/everyday driver.
First some background; This whole thing started with an idea, not with an old rusty truck that needed some work as many projects do.
The first few things to decide were what engine and what truck, as I was starting with nothing.
The Detroit 4-53T was chosen just before I decided on an old truck conversion, the engine was first priority, a truck to put it in was second.
I like the AD trucks, and at that point was reasonably familiar with them from driving and working on my 52 1 ton.
I thought that the 1 ton would not be quite strong enough for the work I had planned for the "new" diesel truck.
The next thought was a 1.5 ton same wheelbase, but I learned it is essentially the same frame as the 1 ton, so not strong enough again.
Next thought was a 2 ton short wheelbase.
At this point I thought about a COE, because I really like the looks, and had worked myself up to that size truck.
I may be wrong, but I decided the COE would be very difficult to perform routine maintenance on the engine, belts, hoses, adjust injectors and exhaust valves, fix oil leaks, pretty much anything that had to do with the engine.
The engine being the most important part of my idea/project it had to be more accessible.
That left me with a conventional truck for easy engine access.
I then started looking for a 5 window 48-50 6100 (137" wheelbase, and ended up finding all that I wanted but with the longer wheelbase. Now that I'm this far along I'm glad I went with the 6400 with 161" wheelbase, I'll have a 10' 6" flat bed.
And a few years later here I am.
One day I may tackle a COE project, as I do like them. Would be great if someone wanted to hire me to figure out and install a diesel in one.
Grigg