Originally Posted by Grigg
It does remind me of a cartoon drawing from the spring 2008 Kanter catalog, page 13, of a "Fairbanks-Dodge Engineers' Coupe" about a 1947 Dodge truck with the cab just over the rear axle, a really long hood with three sections of "butterfly wings", also running boards and railings set up like a locomotive. Really sharp looking, so much so that when I got the catalog in the mail and saw the picture I emailed them to ask about it, and see if I could get a full size copy to frame. One day (when I have money and time, or just lots of money) I would like to build a Dodge just like that, probably start with a model WJA truck, but instead of a Fairbanks engine, a Tandem Detroit 6-71T (one 6-71 in front of the other) would be more to my liking.

Grigg
Fairbanks also built locomotives.
But for yours I think it should be a Electro Motive Division-GMC Engineers Coupe. lol
.