Finally got my fuel tank mounted today.
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/58/558/9/35/46/2107935460080251109FnQmbG_th.jpg[/IMG]

Had to modify the brackets a bunch to get them to bolt to the frame and be high enough off the ground/just under the flatbed.

I am thinking of having the aluminum tank soda blasted (baking soda) to give it a nice uniform and satin finish, I for sure don't want the tank polished, but I do want it to look nice and clean. Anyone seen aluminum after soda blasting, how does it look?

Then to protect the end of the tank at the tires (only 5.5" away) I was thinking of having the end up to just the other side of the weld coated with LineX, then mud and rocks won't bother it much. If I do that, should I then have the same done to the front end, or will it look better only being black and rubbery where it counts, right at the tires?

Check out the side saddle arrangement, so the lady's can drive :confused:
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/62/562/5/55/41/2426555410080251109DBqKch_th.jpg[/IMG]

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-