UPDATED 12/25/07 (Christmas)
Thought I would revive this thread from nearly a year ago, and give an update on my (slow moving) project.
As seen at the Winchester Show in September, and how it sits today:
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/63/463/0/12/6/2154012060080251109KzwnhX_th.jpg[/IMG]Last year I was searching for air tanks for my air starter.
Just last week I finally got them, 5 custom made steel tanks, about 75 gallons total. Took about 6 months to order them (really difficult company) Then they made me wait 5 hours after I first drove 4 hours to get there to pick them up, I was quite [censored] after the first two hours, but that's another story in its self.
Glad to have the tanks finally...
Last year I was working on my then new RTO-6610 transmission to replace the non overdrive one in the truck.
All done cleaning it up now, but still need to paint and install it.
Last year I needed new drive shafts.
Had them made, painted and installed quite some time ago.
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/53/653/7/52/98/2806752980080251109xJDrPB_th.jpg[/IMG]I had been looking for a new rectangular aluminum fuel tank from a Freightliner, and last January I found one (free in the dumpster). Seen here with a step I removed, and also shortened it 7" so it would fit between wheel and running board.
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/53/753/8/37/92/2333837920080251109dcTtBY_th.jpg[/IMG]I have accumulated almost all the plumbing I need for brakes, fuel, and air. Mostly stainless steel tube, stainless braided flex lines, and some 1-1/4" Aeroquip hose and fittings for the air.
The air compressor, power steering pump, and AC compressor are mounted, and painted after this picture was taken.
[IMG]http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/59/159/2/72/33/2724272330080251109JbMOHu_th.jpg[/IMG]Same as last year, I need to get all the plumbing done, then can start on the body work.
Grigg