In checking online for lifters, it makes a difference if the engine was originally a powerglide engine or not. Based on the stamped serial number (TI28A), this engine was originally for a manual transmission car. The "A" suffix lead me to think this. The lifters appear to be hydraulic lifters, not the milk can mechanical style. Of the 2 lifters that I removed from cylinder #6, I at first thought that one was rusted to the point of disintegrating the keeper wire and allowing the lifter to open to its fullest potential. Now I'm thinking that they are actually 2 different lifters. I'll repost that pic for you all to see what I'm talking about. Back to the serial number. If this was originally a manual transmission engine, why are there hydraulic lifters in it and did the cam get changed with the lifters? Did this engine ever run with this setup? Would it run with a mismatch of cam and lifters? Am I over thinking this? To get this engine to run, I'll have to retrieve and reattach EVERYTHING! Most things I have, but some items would have to be moved from the truck engine to this one. Some items would need to be purchased. Just to see if it runs. Things that make you go, "hmm."