Bartamos........

1. Lower the idle speed. Well, I have her purring at around 6-700 rpm, and dont want to go any lower.

2. Tighten headers. Good point. I have not checked the header bolts in 25 years. But she runs quiet up under the hood....no sign of any exhaust leak around the headers.

3. Starter.....Well, I just put the new one on, along with the solenoid. It is acting exactly like the old starter was acting.

4. Try another battery when the truck is hot. I essentially tried the same thing....used jumper cables from another large V8 vehicle, and it still did not want to turn over....but finally slowly cranked and then fired up.

5. Fuel lines....Nope, not near the header pipes.

6. Retard timing 2-4 degree. I guess you mean to retard it 2-4 more degrees from the factory specs? I could try that. What is this doing? I guess the spark would be closer to Top Dead Center, and make it easier to fire, as the compression may be less?

7. Ford relay trick? Not sure what that is....using a Ford hand crank instead of the stupid starter?

8. Lower idle.....you want me to make that poor ole 307 suffer by struggling to stay alive at 300 rpm?

9. Punt......hey, thats the best strategy yet......Tom Dempsey on the way over.

Yep.....remanufactured starter.....Advance Auto.
Coil.....I will have to read that one next.


Keep the rusty classics going.