Hey Jerry, and thanks for the quick reply.

I did the same test on the old battery, and it tested fine. However, I went ahead and put a brand new battery in a couple months ago, and this one is also perfectly fine. She turns over with power to spare on the coldest of days, but after being driven for 10-15 minutes, something acts as if the battery were a sponge, and someone squeezed that spounge dry of all its water.....but in this case the spounge would be squeezed dry of all its amps.

What in the world is going on here?

Is it possible that its as simple as the battery getting over-charged and when its way up around 15.5 - 16 volts, it just plum does not function properly....and maybe the starter cannot handle that voltage level?

Pulling my hair out on this one......Guess I should spend the $50 for a factory-type voltage regulator?


Keep the rusty classics going.