I had always wanted an AD suburban. Put a wanted ad in Hemmings and found one in Montana. He wanted $4000. I got it for $3800. I bought it sight unseen after a lot of phone calls back and forth. Set out from southern Wisconsin for Kalispell MT in a borrowed 99 Suburban pulling a borrowed trailer and brought it home. It turned out to be a driver and I drove it for 1500 miles before I took it completely apart for a frame off. Not done yet but getting close. Its a 49 and now has a 283/TH350,84 GMC IFS front and rear suspension, discs, PS, PB and a new rear wood floor. All new bodywork and paint and brakes and glass etc,etc. I have saved every receipt and to avoid having the big one I won't add them up until its finished. Can't wait to drive it out route 66. Weeds