Originally Posted by IBenDcars
I haven't actually paid for mine yet, but don't anticipate it being too much, yea right. I got mine from my cousin in exchange for a hot rod project to be named at a later date. Well it has been since May when I picked it up and I have only moved it once. That was only to push it forward 15 feet so I had more room to park around it. But I have spent close to $25,000 on the garage to put it in. I will put some other toys in the shop also. I hope to get the old bolt in the shop in the next few weeks. It will live there through the winter and as long as it takes me to get the brakes into proper working order. I also have to replace the fuel pump, and batteries. I am probably not going to switch it over to 12 volt yet. I just want to get the thing running and driving the way my Great Uncle was driving it. The only thing different will be the size of my smile.


UPDATE

Well I never got it into the garage until last weekend. Instead I finished the garage in the meantime. Insulation, power etc. and well over $40,000 in to the garage includeing the construction. Since this topic is "what did you pay for your bolt?" I found my cousin a 1972 Camaro and gave that to him as trade for the 49. OK enough about that stuff now onto the bolt. It is now sitting up on jack stands while I figure out what to do with the brakes. I want to figure out dual master is the easiest to fit into this. Alright I will now become active in the 1 ton forum and keep the talk there that needs to be there.


My new 1949 Chevy One Ton Dump Truck. Still have it but parked, needs a new motor.
1953 2 ton parts truck Long Gone
1957 GMC LCF On 75 Cadillac Eldorado Frame
Updated Feb 2021