Okay, I'll come out of the closet ...

I paid $5,000 for the Stovebolt.com Flagship ('49 3800 pickup) in 2003. Read the story on the truck in my signature line. Essentially, the truck is a time capsule from 1949 and I bought it from the original owners. Bed and sheet metal are pristine, albeit with enough patina to give it character. The truck is in it's "from the factory" original configuration -- all I've done to it is change the oil and add a second tail light. The tires are from the '80's I think but everything else is original. I know the complete history of the truck and can even tell you about the dent in the front P-side fender and the loop attached to the inside roof on the P-side. There is not one dent in the bed sides.

"ole Charley" is a true survivor. His picture is in the column on the left of this page.

smile
John

The only thing I worry about is the wiring. The brakes are even decent.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)