This is purely for fun and curiosity. Obviously the cash you fork over is usually a confidential matter and based on many factors. Not everyone is willing to relate their negotiated price. My thought is that getting the truck is the cheap part, fixing it up to any level needs a part time job to feed it. That being said...

I really anticipate the new gallery pictures and stories that come out each month. Ocassionally someone will describe the deal they made. Those are usually my favorite parts to read. I'd like to hear more of those stories.

Mine was extremely fortunate but I was prepared to walk away empty handed. Can't hurt to ask, right?

I discovered my truck in the back yard of an auto shop. By all appearences it had been there for ten years and hadn't run in twice that. Overall the tin was good and nothing had been modified. The shop owner gave me the owners number, a call was made, and a message left. A week later the owner calls and said he needed to get rid of it since the shop was closing and he had no interest. Finally price was brought up. He asked what I thought. I said I had no idea and returned the question by asking him what he expected to get for it. He paused and said "How does $75 sound?" Not trying to sound to excited I said that would be just fine. Truthfully I had no idea of its worth but was willing to part upto $1200. In hindsight he probably would have had to spend a few hundred to get it towed and stored somewhere else so my showing up saved him some dough and some hassles.

Granted this example is a rarity, I'd be interested in hearing some other stories, fortunate or not.


1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor